Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Maternity Clothes and Luke Air Force Base

A jet in the hanger

With my sister being pregnant and in need of maternity clothes, I decided to see if there was anyone on craigslist that could help me out. It seems like God wanted to help me out a little , give me a little faith boost. I got 1 response from a lady (Sarah) who was going to sell her clothes, but decided to give some of them to me (what a blessing). Then I found out she is all the way in Glendale on Luke Air Force base ( about 30 miles away). I do not have a car, there was NO way that I was going to be able to go. I texted my sister and told her I was sorry. I got a response from her later that night, well I was talking to a friend (Diane) from church. I told her what was going on and she tells me "I have always wanted to see Luke Air Force base, I will take you". Oh my goodness, what a GREAT friend (reminds me of a country song about finding out who your true friends are LOL). So I called Sarah and told her that I found someone who could give me a ride out there and that they wanted to see the base. She tells me that the base is locked down, because of Bin Laden's death. I was so bummed! Then Sarah brightened my day by telling me that she could take us on a tour if we wanted. WOW, so cool now we have our own tour guide. We had a great time! We saw jets taking off and in the hanger. We saw jets from the past. Kerrianne was so excited she would whisper to me "Mom, I see army people" . It was so cute. What a great day.
Jet from the past

Jet getting ready to take off.

Soldiers practicing the folding of our great flag.

The Church on the base.

Another Jet and Sarah's head. LOL




Diane in front of a jet.

Black and white shot I loved.

1 comment:

Virginia Revoir said...

update! :D I'm sure something interesting has happened since last week. Like an animal died, or someone organized something, or people've been sick, etc. Or interview that Santa Claus lady next door. Heh heh